Monday, November 19, 2012

thankful

I was going to write about how thankful I am for my family, and of course it is true, despite the fact that  I am far away from them and I have not seen them for quite some time, I can think of very few things on my list that would rank as high as family.  However maybe I will post about that another time.
Today I am grateful for the Sabbath Day.

Paul works/studies hard all week, I study as well, but he is much better than I am about it.  He is stressed out of his mind right now as finals are coming up and understandably so.  We don't get a lot of time together to just, well, be together, so Sunday Paul makes the sacrifice to not study and set aside the day.  Although Sunday is set aside, it is always a busy day.  We have lessons to prepare, church, getting ready for church, recently baptisms after church, meetings, missionaries, family calls, preparing for the week, home teaching, and often socializing.  By the time all this happens there is rarely any time leftover, to re-group and prepare for the next week.

Yesterday both Paul and I were feeling the strain, and decided to try and do something to calm us down, and relax.  It was so nice, I can relax on my own, but its so much more fun when Paul is around.  Even though we stayed up later than intended so we are both tired today, I do feel mentally refreshed and renewed.  What a wonderful opportunity to do that. I hope we can do this more often.

I know that while I am feeling renewed Paul is feeling overwhelmed, I generally do not help this, and forget all of the ways that he uses his time to help me.  So I am going to try and eliminate those for these next few weeks and try to help him instead of vice versa to hopefully show him how Thankful I am for all of his help.

Its a goal, we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment