Wednesday, October 3, 2012

lessons in nursing - chemo

"That ye amay be the bchildren of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth crain on the just and on the unjust."
Matthew 5:45

I can't say which hospital I am at but, I am on a floor that deals with some serious serious cancers.  What do nurses do on floors like that they hang bags of cytotoxic material...its intense.  

Of course I always have known cancer is real, but today seeing those who are affected sort of changed my opinion of it....some cancers can affect an 80 year or a 23 year old without rhyme or reason.  Some cancers go into remission and others kill.  In any case it was a reminder that all of us have trials "the just" and "unjust".  All types of people get cancer, the kind and the mean, the young and old, the honest and the deceitful, its hard for all, and each has their own lesson to learn.  And each of them were living normal lives some not even that long ago and now are isolated (i hope I never have to live through isolation precautions esp. for an extended period of time), alone and unsure of their life.


No comments:

Post a Comment