Thursday, January 26, 2012

here we are

Well, I have avoided this for awhile but ultimately decided to start  a blog.  It seems to be sort of a rite of passage these days after getting married, and I got married about 6 months ago.  Two days after we got married we moved from the Bay Area (California, not Tampa like people here imply) to Gainesville Florida.   Then about two weeks ago we moved into a different apartment (we have a wall now in between the bedroom and other rooms).  My husband is in law school (guess where, we live in Gainesville) and I am hopefully starting nursing school in May.  I always feel the need to justify myself, that I do already have a degree in History, for some reason that just makes me feel better about nursing.
 Anyway, some reasons why I avoided this
1- I predict that like scrapbooking blogging will go out of style at some point and in 10 years I will look back and wonder how I was seduced by its silliness

3- While,  I feel like I am slightly artistic and okay at writing.  I didn't major in graphic design or english, and everyone who blogs of these seems to be excellent in one or the other.

4- Every few years I look back at what I wrote and think about my opinions, what I said and am always embarrassed.  So if that is bound to happen every few years, why publicly display it for the whole internet.

Here are some reasons why not:
1- I have been reading a few and enjoy them
2- I am married..rite of passage
3- I have been neglecting my journal recently
4- I did have to move across the country away from my family


As you can see the pros outweigh the cons.
Also, if your wondering we do like Gainesville a little more everyday, although I dreamt of mountains last night.  Currently the weather here is unbelievably beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment