Thursday, April 4, 2013

Instead of a daily post it seems to be more of a weekly post, I think it has to do with that fact that I currently can't upload photos.
Today I took care of a prisoner in the hospital,  its pretty sad to see someone chained to a bed with three guards  watching over them.  I understand that this person has done some pretty bad things, but its hard to see someone in so much pain and with such injuries and not have your heart melt just a little.  Nursing really is a human profession and you felt your heart pained for so many people each day.

Sometimes its easy to separate yourself from problems and what someone is going through, but sometimes you realize hey that could be you.  We were talking about a certain medication that you have to have oxygen ready because people can easily develop respiratory issues when they first take this medication.  Yes, it rarely happens, but what if it were me?  I would want them to have everything ready, I wouldn't want to silently slip into respiratory depression helpless to tell anyone or too out of it.  So, I need to make sure I am thinking of these things and remember everyone feels that way about themselves.

Can't wait until general conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment