Monday, July 6, 2015

Experimenting

    I really really really hate waking up early, I also love to stay up late.  So when I read this article in the Ensign, I was surprised that it was my idea that we should try it out.  Maybe because I know I am going to need more energy with baby no. 2 on the way...or maybe because it just makes sense, I convinced Paul to attempt it with me.  "it" being that we go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am pretty much every night.  Obviously sometimes there will be variation to that, mostly because I work every Friday night (7pm to 7am), so the weekends might be a little bit off, but we will try and reset every Sunday.
     Today was our first day of this experiment.  We decided that since we are giving up time at night that we should try to use the time in the morning productively. That way we don't end up just loosing time.  Instead of doing our scripture study at night (usually rushed) we started our day with 30 mins of scripture study.  Then we went on a walk (usually we do that in the evenings), then I fed Sylvia while Paul got ready for work.  It was nice to see Paul (and for him to see Sylvia and I) before work. It was also nice to go on a morning walk when the world was peaceful and calm, BUT it was hard for me to get to sleep last night, and even harder to make myself get up at 6am.
    This whole process also requires some adjustment to Sylvia's schedule, so we will slowly try and transition her to an earlier bedtime.  Waking her up early today was definitely hard on her, and on me as well (she's been fussy all day even though she took a nap).
    We've committed ourselves to try this for one month and see how it goes (if we still can't sleep at night we might transition back), but it seems like a healthier way to live, and the promise of more energy is enough to get me to try something I am naturally inclined to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment